Thursday, May 31, 2012

First Golf Round of the Year: Late but Great?

First golf round of the year completed on Sunday May 27th! I started the day with low expectations because leading up to Sunday, I only practiced three times. Before each practice session, I made sure to stretch out for at least 5 min. I didn't want to pull a muscle given the fact that I hadn't used those muscles for over 8 months! During each session, I hit a small bucket of golf balls, focusing heavily on making solid contact with my irons. I made sure to give a majority of attention to putting, feeling out the speed of the greens and improving my break reading skills. I took things slow, didn't hit too many balls because I didn't want to overexert myself before game day.

I finished the front nine with 3 birdies, 3 bogeys and 3 pars. I couldn't believe it! Everything was going right, I was on pace to go super low and possibly beat my best score ever. In hindsight, I made the mistake of getting a hamburger and chips at the turn. I was starving! The food through my concentration off or something because the first 3 holes on the back nine I went double, double, double. Yuck! I proceeded to make pars on the rest of the holes except for 18 where I missed making par by less than an inch.

After the front nine, no matter how bad I scored on the back, I was going to be happy. Absolutely no complaints here. Final score 78 since par on this course is 71. I would take a 78 to start the season every year for the rest of my life, no doubt about it.

Keep swingin,

Foxy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting!